Get to know our Family and Consumer Science Department below.
- The Classroom is equipped with six kitchens.
- Electives are offered in Foods I & II, International Foods, Housing, Life Skills, Child Development, and Textiles.
- Child Development classes participate in the “Baby Think it Over’ program, showing students the complexities of dealing with an infant.
- FCCLA is an extracurricular club that provides leadership opportunities for students.
- In Life Skills classes, students are taught basic sewing and must complete one garment. The textiles class takes these lessons farther with more in depth lessons on materials and techniques.
- Foods classes host the “Chopped” Competition where student groups compete by preparing a three-course meal for faculty judges.
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
FACS Department Staff
Classes: Foods, International Foods, Life Skills, Housing, Child Development, Clothing and Textiles
Additional Duties: Family Career and Community Leaders of America Moderator; Blue Crew Moderator; Junior Class Coordinator; Junior Homeroom 501
Degrees and Certifications: B.S. in Home Economics from Southeast Missouri State; CPR Certified
Professional Memberships: National Federation of State High School Associations; National Catholic Educational Association
2019-2020: 17 years of service to Notre Dame High School